We can't become who we need to be by remaining who we are - Oprah

Friday 4 May 2012

Chicken Soup for the Soul...

Afternoon Bloggers!


Theres nothing better then browsing through blogs on a cloudy day when you're in bed with a cold. There's so much inspiration, I found it hard to pick just one designer to post about today!


Decision made.


I've been really inspired by the work of Louise Tiler recently, graduating from Leeds College of Art, Louise Tiler has won awards including BDC (business design centre) New Designer of the Year 2011 and SURTEX 2011 designext Student Design Competition, has a wallpaper collection for wallpapered.com (Which I think would look great on my feature wall...), a cushion range for Mary Portas' new london store, a stationary collection for Woodmansterne Publications and upcoming exhibition at New Designers one year on - Yes thats right, she is only one year out of University! She is definitely heading for great things and is one to watch..


Her inspiration of the past and historical design is clear in her beautiful hand-drawn designs. I love her floral patterns and the intricacy of her animal motifs are stunning!


I Know you'll love her work as much as I do...













Louise is also a contributor to the groundbreaking e-course "The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design" run by Rachael Taylor and Beth Nicholls...Can't wait to sign up for this during my year off!

Read Louise's interview for New Designers One Year On and information on the exhibition here.

Too much inspiration! Going to get my sketchbook out for a a few hours of drawing...

Enjoy your day! Jessica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment