We can't become who we need to be by remaining who we are - Oprah

Thursday 3 May 2012

Sketching...

So I thought it was time I shared a little bit of my work - first time I've put any of it on the internet (scary stuff!)


As I've said before, my current project at Uni is A Midsummer Night's Dream and I'm focusing on prints for cards. Now these artworks are just to get me going, I'm going to manipulate some on CAD and experiment with different printing techniques and stitch and other exciting things.


Hope you like!

Flower Line Drawings


I've spent a lot of time drawing trees so I thought I'd mix it up just with a few floral drawings - going to play about with these in CAD.

So back to the trees...

Watercolours and Fine-Liner


Watercolours and Fine-Liner


Watercolours and Fine-Liner


Watercolours and Fine-Liner


Watercolours and Fine-Liner


Apologises for the poor scanning quality! Images are brighter and less patchy...

Watercolours and Fine-Liner


I then began to experiment with masking fluid and creating negatives of my figure motifs...

Watercolours and Masking fluid

Masking Fluid and Watercolours
Watercolours and Masking Fluid

Watercolours, Masking fluid and Rock Salt
Think I'll tidy these up in photoshop a little and then start to layer with some other backgrounds I've done and maybe some handmade papers to print onto.

Now, back to work!

Jessica :)




No comments:

Post a Comment